Hair transplantation is the most requested operation among all hair follicle transfer operations. Nowadays we see an increase in balding and permanent hair loss. In the past baldness was usually due to genetic reasons but currently we see that there are other reasons causing hair loss.
Daily routines, stress, unhealthy food and products causes and increased rate of hair loss. There are effective hair transplant methods that helps people who are negatively affected by this in their life. Hair transplantation is a quite easy and a comfortable process, with the help of this operation people can have healthy hair.
In this article we will give information about hair transplant prices and all the details of the procedure. First of all you need to be examined thoroughly to understand whether you are suitable for a hair transplant or not. At this stage specialists also find out whether there is any other setbacks for you getting a hair transplant. Hair transplant prices are set according to the hair transplant method that will be used for your hair type. Before this step it is hard to set a certain price. Procedure itself is quite easy and generally there is no risk. It is also advantageous because the patient feels no pain during the procedure.
HAIR TRANSPLANT METHODS
Most preferred hair transplant method nowadays is FUE method. There are also different types that are included in this method. In FUE method hair grafts are collected individually from the donor area. Removing each graft individually and being really delicate in this process is important for the patient to heal quickly. This is the most important difference with the old FUT method.
In order to collect grafts doctors used to collect small skin pieces and then grafts were collected from those pieces. However, currently we don’t need this thanks to the FUE method. Hair transplant prices may differ because of different factors such as the technique used and the size of the area of operation. Therefore patients are examined before a price is set.
Another important method among hair transplant methods is DHI method. This method is accepted to be more advantageous than the FUE method from many aspects. Since there is no channel opening in this process it takes shorter to perform and it causes less damage to the area.
HOW IS A HAIR TRANSPLANT DONE?
After determining the correct method for the patient, preparation for the operation begins after this stage operation starts. We want to mention how the both methods are done. It is as follows:
- There are three important stages in the FUE method. These are: collecting the hair grafts, opening channels and transplanting into the channels. Grafts are collected meticulously and individually from the proper donor area of the patient. Following that channels are opened for the transplantation step and lastly hair grafts are transplanted into the channels and the operation is completed.
- In DHI method hair follicles are collected with the help of a medical pencil. Hair follicles are collected with this specially designed pencil. There is no need for opening channels in this method. Therefore it is more practical and causes less damage. Since the damage is less healing process is quicker.
AFTER A HAIR TRANSPLANT PROCEDURE
In this part we will talk about the post hair transplant procedures. After a hair transplant patients must be really careful and delicate with themselves. Receiving maximum benefit from the procedure depends on this. The process after a hair transplant usually goes as follows:
- After the procedure the patient is discharged and the necessary warnings are made.
- One of the most important thing at this stage is about first time washing your hair. First hair wash after the surgery is given by the specialist at the clinic.
- Hair is washed with a special solution and it is done very carefully.
- After washing for the first time the patient should wash their head every day.
- All the details of what to be careful of after the procedure is given to you by the clinic.
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN GETTING A HAIR TRANSPLANT
There are important details for those who want to get a hair transplant. We want to give detailed information about the procedure before we get into prices. Hair transplant prices and things to know about a surgery are as follows:
- Your most important duty about the operation is to work with an expert team on the area. Finding the right clinic and the right specialist is very important.
- Choosing the best method for your hair type is important. You should also be careful and see if they are being meticulous enough about the procedure.
- In the first three months following the procedure you may see some hair loss. This shouldn’t concern you. It is quite common.
- Healthy hair grows back in place of the hair you lost. This process may take up to 6 months.
- You need to be patient to get certain results. In about a year, a year and a half it is possible for you to have full grown healthy hair.
- You should also be careful about the hair transplant prices.
THINGS TO BE CAREFUL AFTER A HAIR TRANSPLANT
Hair transplant is procedure that is often used by people who suffer from pelade or baldness and who have burn marks and is unable to grow hair in that area.
There are some responsibilities of the patient before and after the procedure. If the patient is careful enough about the things they must do after a procedure they will heal quicker and easier.
Thing that the patient can do after a hair transplant operation:
- You need to drink a lot of water after the operation. On average a person should drink 2-2, 5 liters of water a day. But you can use applications that shows how much water you should drink in accordance with your weight. Using apps that would remind you to drink water also could be beneficial for you if it isn’t your habit to drink water abundantly.
- You can also use herbal teas, without consuming excessively, which would help you get rid of your edema. However when they are used excessively these herbal teas may have negative impacts it is important to keep this in mind.
- You may use painkillers that your doctor suggests you without exceeding the daily dosage. Usually patients don’t have any pain or headaches but depending on the swellings patients may have headaches. When this occurs patients should consult with their doctor and then they can take painkillers. You should be mindful of what you doctor suggests and shouldn’t use anything without their knowledge.
- During this period your scalp is very fragile so you should abstain from combing your hair or using chemical substances such as hair gel.
- The patient should also be mindful of their eating habits. Eating more protein and staying away from unhealthy food can help you recover quickly. Hair and scalp are organs that are rich in protein. When you eat more protein healing process speeds up.
- Patients should abstain from consuming salt in order not to worsen their swellings and to get rid of them. The less you consume salt the less edema you have.
- Even when you thing that you don’t eat salty you may be getting a lot of sodium from packaged products. Therefore you need to stay away from the packaged products as much as you can.
- It is also helpful for the patients to abstain from consuming alcohol and smoking cigarettes or to at least keep them at a minimum level. This helps them gain their health rapidly.
- Consuming alcohol is more dangerous than smoking cigarettes in this period because alcohol increases the edema and the swellings of the body. It also causes dehydration so, in order not to have dehydration and not to worsen the edemas patients must definitely stay away from alcohol.